Checkmate Fire is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to this website. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
It is the aim of Checkmate Fire that all persons whose personal data is processed by Checkmate Fire shall at all times be confident that their privacy is respected and that due care is taken regarding his or her personal data.
By browsing this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Security of your Personal Information
- How we Share Information we Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
1. Information We Collect
When You Visit our Websites
You are free to explore the Website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Website or register for the Newsletter Subscription Service, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below. Payment information includes We collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
When you use our services our view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Checkmate Fire for the operation of the Newsletter Subscription Service, to maintain quality of the Newsletter Subscription Service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Checkmate Fire Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Website and to improve the Newsletter Subscription Service;
- send information or Checkmate Fire content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- meet legal requirements.
We use the information collected through our Newsletter Subscription Service by our customers for the following purposes:
- to provide the Subscription Service (which may include the detection, prevention and resolution of security and technical issues);
- to respond to customer support requests; and
- otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the Checkmate Fire Customer Terms of Service.
- Use of Navigational Information
- We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Websites and the Subscription Service. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalised information about Checkmate Fire.
- Customer Testimonials and Comments
- We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
3. Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
Social Media Features
Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymise your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about the Passive Fire Services providfed or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communcations” below.
If you provide information to our customers as part of their use of the Newsletter Subscription Service, our customers decide how long to retain the personal information they collect from you. If a customer terminates its use of the Newsletter Subscription Service, then we will provide customer with access to all information stored for the customer by the Newsletter Subscription Service, including any Personal Information provided by you, for export by the customer according to our agreement with our customer. After termination, we may, unless legally prohibited, delete all customer information, including your Personal Information, from the Newsletter Subscription Service.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Checkmate Fire account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
4. How we Share Information we Collect
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Websites, our customers, and users of the Subscription Service and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analysing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
Checkmate Fire Partners
In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to process certain product orders such as Alufire glazing, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Checkmate Fire on the Websites and the Subscription Service. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
Security and Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile, or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you wish to fill out a form on our Websites a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily complete forms without entering all of your data.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Checkmate Fire) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and Newsletter Subscription Service. For example, Checkmate Fire keeps track of the Websites and pages you visit within Checkmate Fire and Alufire, in order to determine what portion of the Checkmate Fire Website or Newsletter Subscription Service is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customised content within the Checkmate Fire Website and Subscription Service to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites, Subscription Service and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites, Subscription Service but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites, Subscription Service are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites, Subscription Service through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
- How can I control cookies?
- You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided when you visit our websites.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
This website uses Google Analytics cookies to provide us with statistical information about visitors to our website such as length of visit, number of visitors and which pages were viewed.
We do not store your personal information, therefore this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our website is meeting our users needs and to help prioritise improvements.
6. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Checkmate Fire Solutions Ltd, The Second Floor, Rosemount House, Rosemount Estate, Huddersfield Road, Elland, West Yorkshire, HX5 0EE, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Information That We Collect From You
When you visit this website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name or contact details. We may also collect information about the following:
- Your usage of our website as well as information about you from any messages you post to the website and/or e-mails or letters you send to us.
2.Information about your visit, including but not limited to: your IP Address, operating system, browser version, geographical location, length of your visit and pages visited. This information is held on our server logs and is used for generating anonymous statistics to help us improve our service to you. We reserve the right to use this information to investigate and take action against any misuse of the site.
3.Information provided by you via online forms. This includes, but is not limited to; enquiries, complaints, registration forms.
Use Of Your Information
Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our site. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
We may also use you information for all or any of the following purposes:
1.To generate anonymous statistical reports. These are essential to give us an overview of how our site is being used and enables us to improve our service. 2.Personal data submitted to this site may be used for the following, plus any purpose stated on the relevant part of the site:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users without identifying any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
3.Any other purpose stated on the relevant part of our website at the point the data is gathered.
Information & Personal Data
Personal data, including data such as names and addresses which you provide to Checkmate Fire, may be processed manually as well as by computers.