Checkmate Fire CPD presentations provide those responsible for specifying or inspecting Passive Fire Protection the opportunity to increase knowledge and expertise on passive fire protection and gain an IFE recognised 5 hour CPD certificate.
Checkmate CPD Training
Checkmate Fire provide regional, IFE recognised CPD training seminars on passive fire protection and can contribute to your required 35 hours Continuous Professional Development.
Checkmate CPD seminars are run in conjunction with a number of specialist companies and organisations are usually 1 day seminars to educate, raise awareness and promote fire compliance in buildings. They provide those responsible for specifying or inspecting Passive Fire Protection the opportunity to increase knowledge and expertise on passive fire protection and gain an IFE recognised 5 hour CPD certificate.
Passive Fire Protection Seminar
At: Queens Mary University London
Date: 30th April
You will learn about:
- introduction to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
- background to the regulations
- the role of third party certification
- the role of the enforcing officer
- passive fire protection guidance for the fire risk assessor
- competency – what it means
- legal responsibilities of fire risk assessors – case law.
You should attend this course if
you are legally or professionally responsible for a work place or building, including:
- fire and rescue services
- facilities and estate managers
- hotel, B&B and guest house owners
- housing associations
- local authorities
- health sector
- managers of educational establishments and public buildings
- technical sales teams.
Complete this form to book the event
Checkmate Fire Fire Awareness CPD Event at Aviva
Our nationwide IFE Certified CPD Fire Awareness Training cover a wide range of Passive Fire Protection topics. Brought to you by speakers from leading companies in the industry, contact us about our next one in your area.
Fire Stopping Training
Fire Regulations in the UK make it clear that adequate fire stopping is a legal requirement. Moreover, if you are responsible for a building you must ensure it remains fire safety compliant at all times. This fire stopping awareness course is designed for individuals, government organisations and businesses who will need to meet their legal obligations under the current legislation’s. This course not only gives excellent advice and tips for improving passive fire safety but also includes instruction on how to recognise failings in your current buildings.
This course is delivered over 2.5 hours and an IFE approved certificate will be awarded upon completion.
- What happens in a fire
- UK legislation and regulations
- Passive Fire Protection methods
- Fire statistics
This half day course covers
Fire Door Awareness Training
The delegate is provided with unbiased knowledge from an industry expert. Raising awareness of responsibility under the RRO (Regulatory Reform Order) with particular emphasis on fire doors.
On completion of the training we would expect delegates to have a greater understanding of their responsibility to the Regulatory Reform (2005) Order. How tested & approved fire doors should be correctly identified, installed & remediated & what standards, legislation & regulations need to be adhered to.
- The Law & Individual Responsibility, Fire Doorset Selection, Gaps & Seals
- How to Install & Remediate Fire Doors, How to Inspect a Fire Door
- Fire Containment – Fire Doors in the Context of Overall Compartmentation
- The Risk Rating of Fire Doors, Fire Door Management – Maintaining Fire Compliance
- Putting it into Practice – a Practical Inspection of Doors